|Job Title||Group Accountant|
|Line manager||Group Finance Manager - Statutory
|Department||Finance - Corporate|
|Job Type||9 Month - Fixed Term contract|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Assist in the monthly Group consolidation and accounting.
- Assist in preparation of statutory and management accounts.
- Supporting the interim and year end processes.
- Assist in preparation of Group management accounts and group consolidation; provide corporate
support to UK Based subsidiaries
- Assist in reconciliations from ERP to Consolidation solution
- Assist in all aspects of preparation of annual, interim and any special sets of group consolidated
statutory accounts and associated notes in line with agreed timetable
- Assist in preparation of Group subsidiary Statutory accounts and supporting working papers in line
with agreed timetable
- Liaise with auditors in statutory process
Year end and interim processes
- Assist in preparation of all other year end/interim material including presentations, market
Accuracy of trial balance:
- Assist in ensuring the material accuracy of subsidiary trial balances, partly through control of checklists
and review of reconciliation where dealt with by other functions such as treasury and shared services.
- Assist in the investigation of entries with respective accountants, to ensure material accuracy and no
lock up of working capital
- Identify recommend and assist in changes to accounting systems and controls to ensure fit for purpose
to ensure main objectives can be met
Accounting Project Assistance
- Provide assistance to the Group Finance Manager – Statutory Reporting as required
- Assist with implementation of new Consolidation solution
Other accounting responsibilities
- Ad-hoc tax, payroll and central accounting assistance as required.
- Other Corporate accounting support as required.
- Qualified accountant with post qualifying experience
Relevant Experience/ Skills
- Previous exposure to a Finance Department environment is necessary, together with solid accounting
skills and interpretation
- Ability to work on own initiative & challenge current process
- Group consolidation experience required
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment preferable
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility
- To support our multi-country locations, conversational competence in French or Spanish would be
advantageous, but is not essential. At Cairn, our aim is to continually create and sustain a culture-rich
nimble working environment where diversity and inclusion are hugely valued.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader