|Job Title||Receptionist (Fixed Term Contract)|
|Line manager||EA & Onsite Facilities Manager|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Proactively support the company efforts in ensuring we have a great place to work by acting as the first point of contact for the Company and answering external and internal calls and welcoming guests and staff.
Reception General Tasks
- Greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Deal with all external and internal calls promptly and efficiently within three rings.
- Action messages taken from calls or requests from members of staff.
- Prepare list of external visitors expected via Sky visitor system and notify building reception staff and keep everyone in the loop with changes to maximise security for the company.
- Book meeting rooms and arrange V/C, Tele-conference facilities, refreshments and catering as required.
- Manage the reception e-mail box.
- Manage the HRM mailbox, checking and authorising health and wellbeing applications.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of telephone / mobile numbers for all London office staff and produce a staff movement’s summary on a weekly basis.
- Manage all incoming / outgoing post including going to the Post office and courier requirements.
- Receive all deliveries, check that it’s for Capricorn, sign and notify relevant personnel.
- Order taxis for staff and guests.
- Purchase stationery and kitchen consumables on a regular basis, always ensuring sufficient supplies.
- Ensure all printers are in good working order and constantly supplied with paper and toner.
- Raise requisitions for the London office and receipt invoices when required.
- Manage corporate expense account for “other” consumables / services by raising purchase orders and submitting expenses each month via Unit4.
- Raising Purchase Order and communicating with Suppliers.
- Booking travels for staff when needed.
Health, Safety & Security
- Act as Fire Warden and First Aider for the office.
- Respond to out of hours emergencies that may occur in the office.
- Programme new passes as required including terminating passes when individuals leave.
- Key holder for the office.
- Act as point of contact for Business Continuity purposes.
- Act as the London representative on the Office HSES committee and undertake any actions as required.
- Act as point of contact for any IT / Telephone related issues in the office and change / manage data tapes for the communications rooms.
- Attend tenant meetings as Capricorn representative, reporting any repair work that needs to be done and liaising with the building management.
- Co-ordinate repairs and maintenance required for the office via preferred contractors.
- Co-ordinate new start / induction arrangements e.g. phone, computer, desk, etc.
- Organise furniture moves/removals when appropriate.
- Provide cover for the Office Manager/Executive Assistant.
- Provide any further support as required by senior management in the office.
- Arranging travel & accommodation for members of staff.
- Ad hoc admin support
- Document collating for visa applications and submitting them at the embassies when needed.
- Good standard of education at secondary school level/Degree level.
- GNVQ Level 3 with Merit
- Desirable: Degree level in Business Management
Relevant Experience/ Skills
- Experience of working as a receptionist / office administrator is essential.
- Experience of dealing with a busy switchboard.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Great interpersonal skills
Company Values and High Performing Behaviours
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader