|Job Title||IT Support Engineer (Egypt)|
|Closing date||25 October 2023|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The IT Support Engineer position is a hands-on technical role. The role is responsible for deploying, managing, and supporting the operational IT for Capricorn covering IT infrastructure and end user computing.
The IT Support Engineer will be expected to assist with managing external IT managed service partners and collaborate on the implementation of technologies across the IT environment enabling the Capricorn business objectives.
- Support of infrastructure systems: responsible for deploying IT infrastructure, including servers, storage, network devices, and applications. Ensures that the infrastructure is reliable, scalable, and secure.
- Network and systems administration: responsible for administering network devices, such as switches, routers, and firewalls, and systems, such as servers, workstations, and mobile devices. Ensures that the network and systems are up to date, patched, and configured securely.
- Incident response and management: required to, in collaboration with partners, respond to security incidents, such as cyber-attacks, data breaches, and system failures. Needs to identify the root cause of an incident, contain the damage, and remediate the systems and data affected by the incident. Must remain up to date with current threats and prioritise vulnerability remediation across the IT environment.
- Compliance and governance: needs to ensure that the organisation's IT infrastructure adheres to governance policies and procedures, such as access control, change management, and disaster recovery.
- Manage our end user compute environment: responsibilities will include maintaining policy, software and operating system deployment management while leveraging Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager and Microsoft InTune. The role holder will need a good understanding of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune.
- Business reporting and KPI’s: assist the IT Manager with the capture and preparation of status and activity metrics to be captured for key performance indicators across infrastructure assets.
- Policies and controls: required to assist with preparation and documentation of policies, standards, procedures, guidelines and controls.
- Capacity management: managing overall capacity utilisation of server, storage and network environment ensuring they are optimised to meet business requirements.
- Deployments: supporting and managing branch office technical support.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- Technical certifications in Microsoft technologies (essential)
- Technical certifications in Cisco technologies (desirable)
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation (desirable)
Relevant skills / experience
- Must have a strong hands-on/technical knowledge of core Microsoft products including Windows operating system.
- Proficiency in security tool sets such as Microsoft Defender, Defender for Cloud etc.
- Good understanding of user environment management, including desktops/laptops, profile management, software delivery, etc in respect to IT operations and cyber security.
- Must have previous experience in a 2nd/3rd line support role
- Must have a good familiarity with IT infrastructure technologies like storage area networks (SAN), virtualization and networking.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Ability to manage and administer Microsoft 365 and Active Directory
- Clearly demonstrate effective stakeholder/relationship management skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Must be willing to travel to remote offices to assist with IT support.
- Must be very proactive in understanding and staying up to date on the current projects in progress, projects in pipeline and operational issues. Similarly, must stay up to date with existing and new industry trends and applicability of solutions.
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader