|Job Title||HR and Admin Manager (Egypt)|
|Closing date||29 September 2023|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role will act as the point of contact in managing the facilities, administration and services of the Capricorn Egypt office and team. The role will ensure all administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
The role will support HQ with HR-related queries from employees, ensuring the office remains compliant within Egyptian labour law, and support with HR activities as shared by HQ. It is vital this role holder regularly liaises with Head of HR based in Edinburgh (HQ) prior to decision-making where policy or procedure is impacted.
- Facilities Management
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Capricorn Egypt office on a day-to-day basis. From time to time this involves out of office working hours to deal with any emergency issues.
- Identify, negotiate and on-board / manage all contractors and services necessary for the smooth running of the office e.g., maintenance contractors, office suppliers, vehicle suppliers etc. Ensure a high-quality service is provided at a good price.
- Manage the Manpower Contract: Includes interviewing and hiring new staff, setting salaries, work scope, reporting and managing performance, dealing with issues.
- Supervising cleaning and security services’ quality and performance on daily basis.
- Handle & supervise office maintenance matters with Contractor and maintenance providers.
- Daily supervision of the Receptionist whose responsibilities include Office Supplies Inventory.
- Responsible for office cash payments and monitoring costs and expenses on monthly basis, including formal recording and sign-off of petty cash usage.
- Managing relations with vendors, service providers to ensure all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Drive cost efficiency and re-negotiate contract proactively to realise savings.
- Support HQ to ensure the required labour law practices are in place, adhered to, monitored, and provide a fit-for-purpose audit trail.
- Build robust relationships with appropriate departments in EGPC (and other organisations) to pave a smooth route to the execution of cost recovery, work permits, social insurance, visas etc.
- Engage with appropriate in-country organisations to participate in benchmarking activities, analyse the data and prepare annual salary review recommendations to HQ.
- Undertake benchmarking for new roles, cross-checking with HQ prior to confirming the outcome to the hiring manager.
- Undertake all required practices to ensure social insurance files are appropriately maintained.
- Maintaining personnel records, managing all HR documents (e.g., employment records and official papers)
- Support HQ with Egypt Payroll as/when requested.
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labour legislation and social insurance law.
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, compensation, benefits, hiring processes, etc.
- Support HQ with any HR related work as requested.
Vehicle and Driver Management:
- Managing Capricorn Vehicles (Maintenance, expats’ driving permissions, vehicles licences customs renewals etc).
- Hiring and management of Capricorn drivers.
- Follow up of driver’s performance, Salaries, allowances, KPIs and any accrued issues with ATC.
- Ensure all vehicles are maintained and to a high safety standard.
Travel and transportation Duties:
- Negotiating corporate deals with key hotels and managing ongoing relationship.
- Setting objectives and daily management of the Services Coordinator who is responsible for day to day travel bookings and transportation, supply chain processes and events support.
General Management Duties:
- Key member of the Capricorn Egypt Incident Management team (IMT), with specific responsibility for family liaison.
- Preparing and monitoring Administration budget
- Managing the Administration team consisting of employees (Service Coordinator, EA)) and contractors.
- Arranging and organising internal and external events of Capricorn Egypt e.g conference participation, scout meetings, capital market days, team-building events etc
- Organise and coordinate delivery of corporate gifts e.g. Ramadan sweets to all external stakeholders
- Lead and direct a team of resources to provide a first class, fit-for-purpose service to all areas in the business.
- Focus on developing team members so that they contribute at an optimum level for their experience and encourage educational and knowledge growth so that the proposition of the Admin team is enhanced.
- Manage holidays and absences within the team ensure suitable cover is always in place; take appropriate action for attendance or performance challenges.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of the services provided by the Admin team with a view to making ongoing improvements.
- Lead small / medium project teams using appropriate project tools to deliver the required outputs.
- Ensure no single point of failure for Admin process and practices.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent business experience.
- In-country qualification on labour law.
• Experience of working as a satellite to HQ.
• Highly articulate in both written and verbal languages of Arabic and English.
• MS Word and Excel skills required.
Relevant skills / experience
- Proven relevant experience in the HR and administration fields.
- Has expertise in building strong relationships within local and international workplaces, with government departments and local organisations to support positive outcomes for the company.
- Strong analytical skills
- Recognised as someone with the ability to assertively challenge current thinking to reach positive outcomes for the business.
- Recent experience working in a HR and Admin Manager role.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Good understanding of Egyptian labour law.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with high value stakeholders.
- An assertive and determined approach to ensure the Capricorn office is run efficiently and smoothly and all problems are overcome.
- Ability to work effectively with people from multiple cultures and backgrounds.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure and sometimes outside of office hours.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with payroll systems is desirable
High Performing Behaviours
- Be Entrepreneurial
- Be Empowered
- Be Collaborative
- Be Safe
- Be Focused
- Be Open
- Be a Leader