Capricorn Energy PLC is one of Europe’s leading independent upstream energy companies, headquartered in Edinburgh, UK. Historically we have discovered, developed and produced oil and gas in multiple settings throughout the world.
Today our focus is on growing our current gas and liquids production base through development and exploration, with an ambition to use our strong balance sheet to expand that production base into other attractive markets and to commercialise exploration resources. We adhere to high sustainability standards, we invest to ensure our portfolio remains competitive through stringent energy transition scenarios and we are committed to net zero carbon emissions by 2040.
Creating value responsibly
Capricorn is committed to working responsibly as part of our strategy to deliver value for all stakeholders. This means working in a safe, secure, environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Company in a snapshot
- We have explored, discovered, developed and produced oil and gas in a variety of locations throughout the world as an operator and partner in all stages of the oil and gas lifecycle.
- We are a focused and dynamic operator, bringing pace to safe and efficient operations whilst delivering lasting social and economic benefits to the countries in which we invest.
- We have demonstrated the ability to manage unique operating challenges onshore and offshore, in shallow and deep water locations, in remote and frontier locations.
- We have a strong track record of adding value for Government and Joint Venture partnerships having formed and contributed to multiple partnerships past and present.
Capricorn is supported by strong, long term financial investors and funded to actively assess new ventures and portfolio additions.
The company is currently focused on using its strong balance sheet to pursue value accretive acquisitions of production assets with attractive growth potential.
Capricorn operates to industry leading standards in health, safety and environmental management and corporate social responsibility.
A culture of working responsibly means having the right values, principles and policies in place to deliver lasting and social economic benefits.
- We played an active role in developing India's reserves, building the domestic industry and enhancing energy security.
- Elsewhere in Asia, we discovered the first offshore gas field in Bangladesh and operated for more than ten years as a catalyst for industry investment in the region.
- We delivered a two year 8 well programme in The Arctic.
- In Senegal, the company made one of the largest oil discoveries in 2014 and established a new hydrocarbon province.
- We acquired Shell’s Western Desert production and exploration portfolio in Egypt with significant potential for production growth, operating efficiencies, exploration resources and decarbonisation.